Deepayan/Uberhero/Confidence Man/Cleo/Eric/other personalities to be added later
Wednesday, December 14, 2005
  You want your $30 back? I want my damn Kidney back!
And this is it now,
everybody get down
This is all I can take
This is how a heart breaks
- How a Heart breaks, Rob Thomas

It's sequel week for me. I just finished watching 2 Fast 2 Furious (more on that in a moment) and am currently watching LOTR: The two towers. I never found the books particularly fascinating; their intensity for detail always seemed to me to be designed for an audience with an IQ level resembling that of Jessica Simpson. For the rest of us, it's unnecessary to say that the house was built using 128 strands of No. 2 thatched hay, as opposed to the house opposite which was built with 147 strands of No. 5 thatched hay and thus burned more easily. We have an imagination, and we'd like to fill in some of the details ourselves. But, on the other hand, one can say that Tolkien was the world's first scriptwriter, considering the vivd detail meant that the writer's vision, the reader's vision and the director's vision all match, making it the rare movie adaptation that satisfies lovers of the book.
2 Fast 2 Furious was campy fun, exactly the kind of flick I was looking for. Fast cars, loose women and gunplay abound. Very testosterone-friendly :D Facts I discovered
  • Tyrese Gibson cannot say the letter O. All this bros cam out Brah, and I never heard him say One, but I'm sure it would come out An
  • Paul Walker uses too much hair conditioner to ever be convincingly from a poor neighbourhood. I saw Paul Walker in Joy Ride previously (Very good thriller, along the lines of Red Eye; do see it if you get the chance) and he was moderately good, same as he was here. But when he leans over and goes ghetto to Tyrese, saying "Pockets ain't empty, cuz" I burst out laughing. I couldn't help myself, it was just too funny.
  • Vin Diesel has screen presence, at least more than Tyrese.He's not like Al Pacino, who can be onscreen with Kevin Spacey and Jack Lemmon at the same time and still take the scene, but he carries himself better than most. He may make something out of himself yet. He certainly has potential.
  • (By the way, that movie with Al Pacino, Jack Lemmon and Kevin Spacey is Glengarry Glen Ross. It's more of a character drama, all shot in studio, and it really lets the actors flourish.)
  • Eva Mendes is hot. I never realized it before;Training Day didn't exactly focus on her body.
A whole bunch of Summer 2006 movie trailers have also hit the web, among which there is Superman Returns, The Davinci Code, Mission Impossible 3, X-Men 3 and others. As it's late and I'm sleepy, I shall review these tomorrow.

Shoutout to Stephen. How's med school post-midterms?

 
Comments:
I got a shoutout! :D

Had some post-exam stress-induced migraine-type headache, but it's mostly gone now. Performed in choir tonight! :D
 
What was that like?
 
Fun. I may write a blog entry about it and other stuff. :D
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

Name:

"Okay honey, I won't be weird. I'll be whatever you want me to be" --Lester Burnham, American Beauty. The line at the top is a quote from the late great George Carlin. The blog itself are the ramblings of a guy in a place doing a thing. You may not always care, but you'll always be entertained. Maybe. 60% of the time, you'll enjoy it everytime.

Archives
November 2005 / December 2005 / January 2006 / February 2006 / March 2006 / April 2006 / May 2006 / June 2006 / July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / October 2006 / November 2006 / December 2006 / January 2007 / February 2007 / March 2007 / April 2007 / June 2007 / August 2007 / December 2007 / February 2008 / November 2008 / December 2008 / January 2009 / July 2009 / January 2010 /


Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]