Deepayan/Uberhero/Confidence Man/Cleo/Eric/other personalities to be added later
Friday, December 16, 2005
  Speed of Sound
Creep on in
Creep on in
And once it has begun
Won't stop until it's done
Sneaking in
- Creepin' in, Norah Jones featuring Dolly Parton

ll, it' finally happeninfMy trusty wireles keyord inwhichIhavenot had to changebatteriessince i started usignit nearly a year ago,isfinally beginningto showa need for mo juice. 's rty go, onsidring hat or hte accompaning irelss mouse, I've ha to chang baties nerl6or 7 tiems alady.

The above paragraph reads like this
"Well, it's finally happening. My trusty wireless keyboard, in which I have not had to change batteries since I started using it nearly a year ago, is finally beginning to show a need for more juice. that's pretty good, considering taht for the accompanying wireless mouse, I've had to change batteries nearly 6 or 7 times already." The top was typed off the aforementioned wireless keyboard, the latter off the regular keyboard, which I haven't used often in recent months. The old workhorse gave me some good mileage, I must admit. I am impressed.

In other events, it's good to be able to go back to the library. I was on a 3-month hiatus from the Toronto Public library, on account of beign cheap. Let me explain; I borrowed books from the Public library for my eng237 class. The books, however, were due back at the library nearly 3 months before they were due to be read in class. So, I deactivated all my holds and hid myself in my house, not going anywhere near the Public library. I ended up paying about $30 in fines, which is still cheaper than any of the books bought individually. Hey, what can I say, I'm brown. :P
Anyways, upon re-activating my holds, they began coming in, to the point that I now have a choice from Coldplay, Ray Charles and Norah Jones to listen to, a choice between Lord of the Rings, The Notebook and Hotel Rwanda to watch from and a choice between Clive Cussler, Stepehn King and John Grisham to read from. I must say, the Public library is one of the rare government operations that is not completely mucked up. In fact, they have significantly improved in the last two years, and with the discovery of a location on campus, it has become rather easy for me to access the library resources. Huzzah! (And that shall be my last use of the word Huzzah, as I'm not completely sure what that even means)
I also saw, for the first time, the case of the Saugeen stripper in UWO. Now, frankly, if I were the UWO administration , I would not be too worried about this, as it's well in keeping with their reputation. It jsut shows how out-of-touch the old men runnign the institution are with today's youth that they consider this an issue. At the very most, a big farce shall be made, some uproar from the parents shall be heard, perhaps the girl in question and a few guys shall be expelled, and everyone shall go home happy that the demonic forces lurking in the UWO dorm have been exorcised, Hallelujah, Amen. The problem, however, will not go away. I was reminded of hearing earlier this year of the then incoming dean of U of T, David Naylor, sitting in on a PHY110 class. I thought, nay hoped that the prof would have the guts to fire a conceptual question at the dean, see if he could handle it. The basic problem, of course, is that the adminsitrations suffer from the delusion that they understand the students, which couldn't be further from the truth. Because nobody in their right minds would schedule the labs of a major class at 8:30 in the morning, as is the case with chm247. But they are not in their right minds. There will always be a lag in the system; when the current admin were studetns in the 70s, the Universities were run by guidelines fit for the 50s. Now the Universities are run by guidelines fit for the 70s. Why? Becuae the admin aren't looking at the present or even the future; they're looking at the past, or their remembrance of it. And that simply doesn't work. Proof of that is this Saugeen stripper. It comes as no real shock to any undergraduate student in U of T; why is it a shock to the administration of UWO?
So how do they fix this problem? Either communicate with the students, or insert moles amongst them. But do something, this stopped being funny a long tie eago and now it's just alarming.

And that is all for tonight. I'm surprised at the length of this entry. If brevity is the soul of wit, I certainly have earned no accolades for brainpower this night. But no worries. Chicks dig non-witty guys. :P
 
Comments:
This Saugeen Stripper, as she has been so (lovingly? :P) dubbed, is giving the university for which I now raise my banner a bad name. The University of Western Ontario has, and will always, stand as the last bastion of intellectual hope for the future of the human race. :P :P

And if chicks dig non-witty guys, as you so eloquently propose, then I want nothing to do with said chicks. :P Witty I was born and witty I shall die. :D
 
I was under the impression that random was the way you were born and will die. At any rate, you're a doctor, so the normal rules don't apply to you.
 
d00d. you are *so* brown.
...
...
...
also, i'm pissed i didn't think of that first. i give kanjoos a bad name. :D
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

Name:

"Okay honey, I won't be weird. I'll be whatever you want me to be" --Lester Burnham, American Beauty. The line at the top is a quote from the late great George Carlin. The blog itself are the ramblings of a guy in a place doing a thing. You may not always care, but you'll always be entertained. Maybe. 60% of the time, you'll enjoy it everytime.

Archives
November 2005 / December 2005 / January 2006 / February 2006 / March 2006 / April 2006 / May 2006 / June 2006 / July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / October 2006 / November 2006 / December 2006 / January 2007 / February 2007 / March 2007 / April 2007 / June 2007 / August 2007 / December 2007 / February 2008 / November 2008 / December 2008 / January 2009 / July 2009 / January 2010 /


Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]