Deepayan/Uberhero/Confidence Man/Cleo/Eric/other personalities to be added later
Tuesday, December 13, 2005
  Looking backwards into the future
It's like rain on your wedding day
It's a free ride when you've already paid
It's the good advice that you just didn't take
And who would've thought, it figures
-Ironic, Alanis Morrisette

I realized, in the process of this cleaning expedition I have undertaken, how much I have changed since entering University. I found, for example, my calculator buried under a pile of papers I haven't looked at since Grade 12. This was odd, because in high school I used to rely on my calculator to the point I recall asking it the meaning of life a few times (much to the chagrin on my parents, but it's not my fault I didn't inherit my dad's ability to do complicated binary calculations in his head or my mom's ability to rattle off multiplication tables of triple digits off the top of my head) In University, however, since MAT135 forbid the use of calculators, I eventually conditioned myself to do whatever small calculations I needed to do in other subjects in ym head or along the margins of the paper, like I used to before I got the calculator. I suppose one reason I got used to the calculator is because it was a very good one, simple to use, yet it could do 5 gazillion types of calculations. Plus, it survived all the abuse I threw at it, which tends to be rare amongst things I own.
Another thing I stumbled upon was my digital diary. I remember this thing being the thing to have back in Grade 5, a precursor to the Palm pilot, in a sense. I was never much into fads, but this one caught my fancy. To my credit, I did keep it after the craze had died out, and dutifully continued to use it until I received an upgrade a few years ago.
I should make a time capsule, and look back on it once I've graduated from U of T. At the very least, it would be fascinating to see the kind of man I used to be.
 
Comments:
Man you used to be?

K-OS REPRESENT! :D
 
YES! Another K-OS fan.Sweet!
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

Name:

"Okay honey, I won't be weird. I'll be whatever you want me to be" --Lester Burnham, American Beauty. The line at the top is a quote from the late great George Carlin. The blog itself are the ramblings of a guy in a place doing a thing. You may not always care, but you'll always be entertained. Maybe. 60% of the time, you'll enjoy it everytime.

Archives
November 2005 / December 2005 / January 2006 / February 2006 / March 2006 / April 2006 / May 2006 / June 2006 / July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / October 2006 / November 2006 / December 2006 / January 2007 / February 2007 / March 2007 / April 2007 / June 2007 / August 2007 / December 2007 / February 2008 / November 2008 / December 2008 / January 2009 / July 2009 / January 2010 /


Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]