Deepayan/Uberhero/Confidence Man/Cleo/Eric/other personalities to be added later
Monday, December 05, 2005
  Caught the Snitch


Went to see Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire yesterday, in IMAX. After the inital shock of not having the 3D glasses that I was supplied at my last IMAX experience (I got over it once I realized they did not rip us off, it was a different machine) I hunkered down and enjoyed the movie. It was not done too shabbily, and Daniel Radcliffe was better then I expected. Although major points in the story were cut from the movie, as an independant entity it stood well. Miranda Richardson was particularly good as Rita Skeeter, giving the impression of really relishing the role. And Ralph Fiennes, well, Ralph delivered the goods. It wqs quite surprising to see Daniel holding his own against him, and it leads me to think that perhaps Radcliffe may be able to break out of the Potter role successfully once he needs to, unlike Mark Hamill or Christopher Reeve. Emma Watson, as the previews indicated, looked good, expecially in 3D, but her character was too diluted, spending most of the time running around doe-eyed and girly instead of self-confident and inquisitive like Hermione in the novels. That was, however, more of an editing fault than any fault on the part of Emma. Perhaps more of Rita Skeeter would have been beneficial, both for the character development of Hermione and more screen-time for Miranda Richardson. Michael Gambon as Dumbledore showed all of the wise wizard with none of the father figure. As it played out, though, it wasn't half-bad, and some parts were amazing, like the first Triwizard task. And Katie Leung looked much better on screen than her publicity photos. Cho, I can imagine being the girl of Harry's dreams. Katie, not so much. Ah, the wonders of makeup.
The next movie should garner at least an Oscar nomination for Alan Rickman. Though he barely had any screen time in this movie, the one scene Harry had with Snape was excellent. We shall see. Posted by Picasa
 
Comments:
You have a blog and you never said anything!? :mad: I've added you to my friends' blogs listing and I expect retribution will be swift (i.e. add me to yours :D).

I will be reading the HP series (or at least starting it) over winter break, for the very first time! :D
 
yallo.

am looking forward to the HBP movie, am rather wishing they would skip OotP, which is, IMO, the worst of the books.

also strangely laconic today.

weird.
 
I agree about OotP. But there are some scenes in there which would look great on film.
Plus, Kenneth Branagh (hopefully) returns!
 
Kenneth Branagh? His version of Hamlet remains my favourite. :D I don't care what anyone says, it's epic to have all of Shakespeare's lines in there.
 
All of Branagh's Shakespeare adaptations are excellent. And especially when compared to the barftacular Ethan Hawke and Mel Gibson versions, his Hamlet looks even better.
He's in the secon Harry Potter movie, if and when you watch the movies (this is the only one I've ever seen)
 
That was a good movie but obviously doesn't compare to the book :) ... why didn't you tell me about your blog man? I'm making a link on my hp to your blog.
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

Name:

"Okay honey, I won't be weird. I'll be whatever you want me to be" --Lester Burnham, American Beauty. The line at the top is a quote from the late great George Carlin. The blog itself are the ramblings of a guy in a place doing a thing. You may not always care, but you'll always be entertained. Maybe. 60% of the time, you'll enjoy it everytime.

Archives
November 2005 / December 2005 / January 2006 / February 2006 / March 2006 / April 2006 / May 2006 / June 2006 / July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / October 2006 / November 2006 / December 2006 / January 2007 / February 2007 / March 2007 / April 2007 / June 2007 / August 2007 / December 2007 / February 2008 / November 2008 / December 2008 / January 2009 / July 2009 / January 2010 /


Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]